We've curated 6 FREE FESTIVE RECIPES using our award-winning ice cream as a core part of each - they're also healthier twists on the calorie-laden originals!
Simply click the flavours below to add them to your basket and we'll deliver the ice cream direct to your door so you've got the right flavours to hand.
This time, we have festive Spiced Chocolate Cookie Star Sandwiches with a Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream filling in each. Great for sharing although they're so good you might want them all for yourself!
These sweet treats not only look fantastic but are actually super easy to make - trust us.
Have a go and tag us in your creations @oppobrothers.
Spiced Chocolate Cookie Star Sandwiches
COOKIES (6 Servings)
- 125g – Salted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup (60g) – Natvia sweetener
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) - All purpose flour (sifted)
- 1/3 cup (35g) - Dutch cocoa
- 1/2 tsp – Mixed spices
FILLING (Sugar free mincemeat)
- 75g – Dates (chopped)
- 75g – Sultanas
- 150g – Raisins
- 75g – Dried currants
- 6 Dried figs (chopped)
- 2 Apples (peeled & grated)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice and zest of a clementine
- 1/2 tsp – All spice
- 1/4 tsp – Ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp – Ground cloves
- 90ml – Brandy
- 1 tub of Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream
- Place the butter and sweetener in a bowl and beat for 5-8 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 2–3 minutes or until well combined.
- Add in the all-purpose flour, dutch cocoa and mixed spice then beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Use a 9cm star cookie cutter to cut out biscuits, re-rolling the dough if necessary.
- Place the stars on 2 lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook for 12–15 minutes or until dry to the touch. Set aside to cool.
- For the sugar free mincemeat, put all of the ingredients into a large pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat a bit and allow it to simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes until the dried fruit is plump and the apple is soft and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a sterilised jar, store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, take Oppo's Vanilla Pecan Praline ice cream out of the freezer and wait 5 minutes until softened.
- Mix scoops of the ice cream with 3 tbsp mincemeat and spread over the cookies creating a sandwich to finish.
- Cover in clingfilm, refrigerate and serve when ready to eat.
- Then, most importantly, enjoy your #GoodTemptation
Love, Team Oppo x
Recipe & Imagery - Jelena Fairweather @into.trends